Wish...

I go to sleep at night in an empty bed. When I wake up, I feel your warmth and the smell of your being lingers on your pillow, but you are gone. I long to wrap my arms around you as we sleep, to rest my face upon your shoulder, but you are not here.

What keeps you away? What is more important than me? Maybe I don't understand because you are the most important person in my life. Does that make me dependent on you? Does it make me weak to love you so much?

I wish I were your first priority. I wish I could be first on your list. I wish you would love me enough never to be separated from my side. If you would only rush home and gather me in your arms with promises of never leaving again...

But you know that I am always here when you need me, so I wait for you my love...

No comments:

Post a Comment