Don’t Wake Me Up

I’m gathering the pieces of my broken heart,
How couldn’t she care that’ll I’ll be hurt.
Turn around & look at me once,
You cause me to behold grievance.
As I rest my head in Pretension,
My mind & heart raise up strife & contention.
Don’t wake me up; she’s my only constellation….

Gripped in the hands of the past,
Wondering why didn’t we last..
When you’re sinking in the river of pain,
All your prayers go in vain.
Summer has come again; I hear the wind call her name,
Don’t wake me up; I’ll be in ruins again…

My heart’s become a barren land,
In search for answers I crawl in the sand.
Did you trade love for a lie?
How couldn’t I see it in her eye?
My promises to her I still abide,
Don’t wake me up, cuz she’s not by my side

Dial 10 numbers just to hear her voice,
Hang up the phone without a choice..
Keep staring at her photographs,
Everything now is in the past,
Never ever thought we would end so fast,
Don’t wake me up, without her I wouldn’t last.

Through the blue skies & green fields,
I walk with her in the snowfields,
In my arms she lies, no questions no whys…
Don’t wake me up; I’ve built a world inside my eyes…

No comments:

Post a Comment